THIS Thursday, September 18, 2008 at 5:30 pm at Contois Auditorium is the first meeting of a series for anyone wanting to get involved in the Climate Action Plan (CAP) re-write process. Mark your calendar!
During this event, you will hear from Jenn Jenkins of UVM (also a contributor to the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change on the international level) on the impacts of climate change and then city staff will present the results of the greenhouse gas emissions inventory conducted during the last few months. Before the meeting ends, you will also get a chance to meet with teams contributing to the CAP through the following working groups:
- Energy Efficiency in Buildings
- Local Farms, Gardens and Food Production
- Policy, Research and Education
- Renewable Energy Resources
- Transportation (Community)
- Transportation (Government)
- Urban Forestry and Carbon Offsets
- Waste Reduction and Recycling
I would like to encourage everyone to participate in their process whether it be through the Working Groups or at the Legacy Town Meeting on December 9th, 2008. Every action we take as individuals to improve our impact and consumption is a part of a greater whole. Thanks so much for all you do already!